Eine Liebe zur Musik, eine Liebe zu den Tönen

Moderatoren: Hydro Meteor, Ben K., matthias

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Mi Mai 31, 2006 3:57 pm

JAPANESE WHISPERS AND...
5/30/2006 6:16:24 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

STUFF

JAPANESE WHISPERS IS DELETED
AS THERE SEEMED LITTLE POINT IN REMASTERING AN ALBUM THAT WASNT REALLY AN ALBUM ANYWAY
AND (AS HAS ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT) ALL THE JW SONGS ARE AVAILABLE AS REMASTERS ON THE GREATEST HITS AND JOIN THE DOTS

AND 'OTHER' KMKMKM SONGS...

THIS WAS A DIFFICULT EXTRAS CD TO COMPILE
AS THERE WERE REALLY TWO...
ONE WITH 18 UNRELEASED AND B-SIDE INSTRUMENTAL DEMOS
AND THE DEMOS/OUT-TAKES/LIVE ONE THAT IS TO BE RELEASED

ON BALANCE I (AND THOSE I PLAYED BOTH TO) FELT THAT THE DEMOS/OUT-TAKES/LIVE ONE WAS JUST MORE INTERESTING AS AN EXTRA WITH THE KMKMKM ALBUM...

MAYBE THE OTHER ONE WILL LEAK OUT SOMETIME...

ANYWAY...
THESE NEXT REMASTERS REALLY DO SOUND FAB... PARTICULARLY THE TOP!
RSX

AND (AS HAS ALSO ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT)
NOW ALL THE CURIOSITY TRACKS WILL BE AVAILABLE
AND
THERE WILL BE AN 'ALL THE SINGLES' COLLECTION NEXT YEAR - WITH STARING AT THE SEA TYPE LINKS INBETWEEN
AND
THERE WILL BE A LIVE DVD BOXSET
WITH ORANGE
AND SHOW
AND JAPAN(?)
AND
AND
OTHER SURPRISE STUFF

AND
A PRAYER TOUR SHOW?
HMMMM...
IF I CAN FIND THE FOOTAGE!

ONWARDS...

-----

Singles Collection muss mal überhaupt nicht sein....Aber Live-DVD-Box? Mit "Orange" und "Show" und,und, und? Yeah! :D

Kaan K.

Beitrag von Kaan K. » Mi Mai 31, 2006 3:58 pm

hat der Herr Schmidt denn kein Geld um sich ne Tastatur ohne klemmende Feststelltaste zu kaufen? :D

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Mi Mai 31, 2006 4:07 pm

Man sagt, dass er 1989 im Suff ein Getränk über die Tastatur geschüttet hat, dann war er so traurig und schrieb "Prayers For Rain". Und diesen Computer benutzt er noch heute.

Ob´s stimmt ist ne andere Sache... :wink:

Kaan K.

Beitrag von Kaan K. » Mi Mai 31, 2006 4:08 pm

rofelito! :lol:

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Mi Mai 31, 2006 8:34 pm

Jaja, der drückt sich schon manchmal was ausm Kopf. :twisted:
Würde viel lieber was vom Stand des neuen Albums hören, und was noch wichtiger ist: Eine HALLEN-TOUR! :?

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Fr Jun 23, 2006 1:58 am

*spam*

Jetzt schon seit 2 Wochen nichts Neues mehr von Rob. :? Hab schon gehofft, dass England in der Vorrunde ausscheidet, damit der gute Herr das beste Cure-Album aller Zeiten hinhaut! :wink: :lol:
Ich will doch endlich nur die Tourdaten! Er meinte Okt/Nov/ Dez dicke Europa-Tour. Und trotzdem hört man nichts. Ok, das ist man gewohnt, aber ich will endlich wieder eine ausverkaufte Köpi-Arena in Oberhauen, wie 2000...Es war so geil! Oder Paris! HALLEN-TOUR!!!!
Keine Festivals, oder so.... :twisted:

*spam*
:wink:

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Mi Jun 28, 2006 4:04 pm

ENDLICH mal was einigermaßen "offizielles" von der Plattenfirma:

...Later in the year Suretone will release Weezer's greatest hits that will feature several new tracks. On October 31st, Halloween, Suretone plans to release a new studio album by The Cure.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainment ... 006-1.html

Jetzt bleibt nur noch zu hoffen, dass es wirklich so kommt. :roll:

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » So Aug 06, 2006 11:02 am

And all that could have been...in so many different ways....

"Wanted to give you some info on the 3 unreleased tracks from the cure's 2004 album. these were not featured on any version of the album or b-side
releases:

A Boy I Never Knew - AMAZING! Possibly the most honest and mature song Robert has ever written. Lonely Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Light Drums and Sparse String Section. Reminds me of a children's lullaby (which makes sense since he supposedly wrote it for the son he never had) Could be compared to "going nowhere" in tone, but the simple, yet catchy tune reminds me of something from Kiss Me. Overall the track could have easily fit on Disintegration.

Strum - Another song that could have lived on Disintegration (as a b-side probably) although sonicly the track has more in common with Wish-era. The lyrics are very clever and literate in a way that Robert hasn't exhibited since The Top.

Please Come Home - Another song that could have easily lived on the second side of Disintegration. The track seems a little unfinished until the
lead-in to the chorus. Then it really takes off. Jason's tribal drumming, mixed with the monolith keyboards competing with Robert's vocals really
brings me back to 1989. Sends chills and makes you realize the slow undistinguished build-up only sells the song more.

And there you go. Why these tracks never made it onto the album, I have no idea. These, plus the songs available on the vinyl release (TGB, Going
Nowhere, This Morning), easily put the 2004 album up there with Disintegration in my opinion. My favorite band of all time has not lost one ounce of talent or focus over the last 15 years- they've just made a few bad choices in terms of song selections for their albums. Maybe they'll follow their hearts on the next one...."

(Thanks Anonymous)

www.chainofflowers.com
---

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » So Aug 13, 2006 11:55 am

Zu den drei oben genannten Songs schwirren die Lyrics durch das Netz. Hab sie nicht gepostet, weil es einfach nicht die Richtigen sein konnten.
Und siehe da:

8/10/2006 8:33:52 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

THE LYRICS TO THE THREE UNRELEASED 2004 'THE CURE' SESSION SONGS POSTED ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB HAVE BEEN TRANSCRIBED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS HEARD THE SONGS
(OBVIOUSLY)
BUT
SURPRISE SURPRISE
THEY ARE NOT RIGHT

DO I NOW FEEL OBLIGED TO POST THE CORRECT VERSIONS?

WELL
AS THE SONGS ARENT YET AVAILABLE
NO I DONT!

ANYWAY
NEWS(ISH)
WE ARE TAKING A BREAK FROM THE ALBUM FOR A FEW DAYS SO I CAN FINISH UP THE MIXING/EDITING OF THE LIVE DVD DOCUMENTING LAST SUMMERS SHOWS...
OTHERWISE IT WONT MAKE A 2006 RELEASE!

WILL THE NEW ALBUM...
HMMM...
NOT IF ITS A DOUBLE IT WONT...

ONWARDS
RSX

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Mo Aug 14, 2006 4:50 pm

Neues Album frühestens 2010, Robert fängt wieder an, wirres Zeug zu reden:

8/10/2006 8:49:58 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

AGH!
OF COURSE ITS ME!
I KEEP SAYING THIS
EVERY TIME (NOT OFTEN I KNOW I KNOW!) I COME ON...
HOW DO YOU THINK GEFFEN OR ANYONE ELSE COULD KEEP PRETENDING TO BE ME ON OUR OWN WEBSITE?!!

EXHALE
RSX

8/10/2006 8:53:18 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR US IS THAT THE NEW CURE ALBUM IS THE BEST THING WE HAVE EVER DONE

NOT THAT IT COMES OUT ON TIME!

SO
IT WILL BE THE BEST THING WE HAVE EVER DONE
RSX

International Songwriting Competition
8/11/2006 11:49:38 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

Also, did someone approach you to be a judge for the International Songwriting Competition? My husband thinks it's like -battle of the bands- (fake) and won't enter. What do you think?

I REALLY AM ONE OF THE JUDGES
ONE OF MANY

I HAVE ONE VOTE PER CATEGORY...

SO I CANT SWING IT BY MUCH!
RSX

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Also ich denke, es kommt im Frühjahr (wie jedes Album), und dann gibt´s wieder ne Festivaltour... :( :twisted:

Kaan K.

Beitrag von Kaan K. » Mo Aug 14, 2006 4:54 pm

kann nicht endlich mal jemand auf seiner tastatur caps lock rausnehmen? :D

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Do Sep 21, 2006 1:44 pm

Für Leute mit Digital-Empfang:

German Digital Channel EinsFestival rebroadcast the Cure Show from Munich 01/30/1984 on the following date: Saturday, 09/23/2006, 00:15 Uhr"

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Mo Okt 09, 2006 7:01 am

The official 'Festival 2005' (not sure if that is the release title) dvd is scheduled for release on Nov. 20th (Dec. 5th in the U.S.):

"I'm forwarding you an e-mail from my friend who works (deleted - have to be careful these days), about a new Cure DVD. The message is below.

"There is a new DVD from THE CURE that will be ready for release on DEC 5th in the U.S. and shooting to make a Nov 20 date for INTL release!

This is all the information I have so far, but I will send more as it becomes available including a final track list.

SONGS FROM 9 SHOWS - A LOAD OF CURE FANS WITH MINI DV CAMERAS CUT TOGETHER WITH THE 'BIG SCREEN' FOOTAGE OF THE NIGHT!

A MUST HAVE FOR CURE FANS - A GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT

In 2005 a nascent Cure trio of Robert Smith, Simon Gallup and Jason Cooper celebrated the return of former guitarist Porl Thompson with a series of nine eclectic headline festival shows across Europe (SPAIN / BELGIUM / FRANCE / GERMANY / SWITZERLAND / SICILY / HUNGARY / GREECE / TURKEY). The quartet's unique blend of passion and power proved to be a thrilling combination, and the summer set a new benchmark for Cure live highs.

Festival 2005 presents a selection of these performances captured by a mix of fans, crew and "on-the-night-big-screen cameras".

Edited by Daren Butler and mixed by Keith Uddin in collaboration with Robert Smith, this 30 song DVD is a wonderful reminder of how and why
The Cure remain one of the most vibrant bands on the planet."

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Fr Okt 20, 2006 7:58 am

Tracklist der DVD:

TRACK LISTING:
01. OPEN
02. FASCINATION STREET
03. alt.end
04. THE BLOOD
05. A NIGHT LIKE THIS
06. THE END OF THE WORLD
07. IF ONLY TONIGHT WE COULD SLEEP
08. THE KISS
09. SHAKE DOG SHAKE
10. US OR THEM
11. NEVER ENOUGH
12. THE FIGUREHEAD
13. A STRANGE DAY
14. PUSH
15. JUST LIKE HEAVEN
16. INBETWEEN DAYS
17. FROM THE EDGE OF THE DEEP GREEN SEA
18. THE DROWNING MAN
19. SIGNAL TO NOISE
20. THE BABY SCREAMS
21. ONE HUNDRED YEARS
22. SHIVER AND SHAKE
23. END

ENCORES
24. AT NIGHT
25. M
26. PLAY FOR TODAY
27. A FOREST
28. PLAINSONG
29. DISINTEGRATION
30. FAITH

Stefan V.

Beitrag von Stefan V. » Mi Okt 25, 2006 6:42 am

OTHER INFO...
10/24/2006 7:19:33 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

THIS FESTIVAL 2005 DVD IS BEING KEPT TO AN ULTRA LOW PRICE EVERYWHERE - AROUND THE $12-$13 MARK WE EXPECT...
AND ALTHOUGH IT VARIES WILDLY IN VISUAL QUALITY - FROM BIG CAMERA STUFF TO MINI DV - THE SOUND GLUES IT ALL TOGETHER... IT HAS TO BE EXPERIENCED LOUD AND IN 5.1 SURROUND - SERIOUSLY! ALL IN ALL ITS A GREAT MEMENTO OF SUMMER 2005 - AND/OR A TASTE OF THINGS TO COME...
IT IS OUT THE LAST WEEK IN NOVEMBER/FIRST WEEK IN DECEMBER... IT SHOULD BE OUT 'EVERYWHERE' - CERTAINLY NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA AND EUROPE... AND AUSTRALASIA WE THINK...AND JAPAN? HMMM...

THE NEW ALBUM ISNT QUITE DONE AS I AM STILL GETTING THE WORDS AND VOICE RIGHT - IT HAS TO BE PERFECT! - SO REALISTICALLY ITS A SPRING RELEASE... IT'S WORTH WAITING FOR I PROMISE!

AND WE WILL BE PLAYING SHOWS IN 2007...

MORE AS IT HAPPENS?
RSX

---

Na geht doch! :D

Antworten