Was sollte man im Plattenschrank haben?

Moderatoren: Hydro Meteor, Ben K., matthias

Hydro Meteor
Redaktion
Nine Inch Nails // Ghosts I-IV

Beitrag von Hydro Meteor » Mo Mär 03, 2008 11:43 am

Bild

www.nin.com/

nme hat geschrieben:Nine Inch Nails follow _____________ with free album download
Nine Inch Nails

* Mar 3, 2008
* 0 Comments

Nine Inch Nails are following in _________’s footsteps by releasing their new album 'Ghosts I-IV' as a free download via their own website from today (March 3).

The 36-track instrumental record, recorded in a ten-week period last year, is available in a variety of download options and as a physical copy.

The options are a free download featuring the collection's first nine tracks, a $5 download featuring the whole album, a $10 two-CD set (either via the website or in shops from April 5) and a $75 deluxe edition, including a hardcover book and a data DVD and a Blu-ray disc featuring high definition recordings and a slide show.

There is also an “ultra deluxe” limited edition version for £300 which features the same items as the $75 version, but also signed and numbered by Trent Reznor.

Full details and the free download are on NIN.com now.

Speaking of the release and the artwork, Reznor explained: “It’s the result of working from a visual perspective – coating imagined locations and scenarios with sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams.”
nin.com hat geschrieben:Nine Inch Nails presents Ghosts I - IV, a brand new 36 track instrumental collection available right now. Almost two hours of new music composed and recorded over an intense ten week period last fall, Ghosts I - IV sprawls Nine Inch Nails across a variety of new terrain.

Trent Reznor explains, "I've been considering and wanting to make this kind of record for years, but by its very nature it wouldn't have made sense until this point. This collection of music is the result of working from a very visual perspective - dressing imagined locations and scenarios with sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams. I'm very pleased with the result and the ability to present it directly to you without interference. I hope you enjoy the first four volumes of Ghosts."
trent hat geschrieben:This music arrived unexpectedly as the result of an experiment. The rules were as follows: 10 weeks, no clear agenda, no overthinking, everything driven by impulse. Whatever happens during that time gets released as... something.

The team: Atticus Ross, Alan Moulder and myself with some help from Alessandro Cortini, Adrian Belew and Brian Viglione. Rob Sheridan collaborated with Artist in Residence (A+R) to create the accompanying visual and physical aesthetic.

We began improvising and let the music decide the direction. Eyes were closed, hands played instruments and it began. Within a matter of days it became clear we were on to something, and a lot of material began appearing. What we thought could be a five song EP became much more. I invited some friends over to join in and we all enjoyed the process of collaborating on this.

The end result is a wildly varied body of music that we're able to present to the world in ways the confines of a major record label would never have allowed - from a 100% DRM-free, high-quality download, to the most luxurious physical package we've ever created.

More volumes of Ghosts are likely to appear in the future.

- Trent Reznor, March 2, 2008
nin hat geschrieben: $0 Download
Ghosts I
The first 9 tracks from the Ghosts I-IV collection available as high-quality, DRM-free MP3s, including the complete PDF.

No credit card or payment information is required for this download.
nin hat geschrieben:Q: Is Ghosts I-IV available elsewhere?

A: You can also purchase the download from Amazon's MP3 store right now. The deluxe versions are available for pre-order from Artist in Residence (A+R) as well. Check out their other work.

The same 2xCD you can purchase here and a $39 4x vinyl edition (on 130 gram vinyl in a double gatefold package) will be available at retail in North America (April 8 ), Australia (April 5), the UK (April 8 ), Japan (April 5), and most European territories (April 8 ).

Q: Is the musical content of the CD versions any different from the downloads available here?

A: No, the CD versions contain the exact same 36 tracks as the full download.

Other information:

Ghosts I-IV is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license.

An exciting partnership and experience regarding this release will be announced soon.

©2008 NIN
Trent goes creative commons :shock: das ist definitiv mindestens ein schritt weiter als die neubauten. (wobei ich mich da irren kann)
musik und der rest - zum lesen - unter www

Klaus
Redaktion

Beitrag von Klaus » Mo Mär 03, 2008 11:47 am

da war jemand genau 2 minuten schneller.

Hydro Meteor
Redaktion
Beitrag von Hydro Meteor » Mo Mär 03, 2008 11:55 am

die zugrundeliegende

creative commons vereinbarung besagt für diesen fall
You are free:

* to Share — to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
* to Remix — to make derivative works

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
* Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
* Apart from the remix rights granted under this license, nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
das ist verdammt viel *einmalmehrshock*, dagegen waren __________ wirklich feige :wink:

Klaus
Redaktion

Beitrag von Klaus » Mo Mär 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Engholm
Beitrag von Engholm » Mo Mär 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Hat schon jemand per PayPal bestellt? Gibts da auch irgendwann eine Bestätigung der Bestellung?

Klaus
Redaktion

Beitrag von Klaus » Mo Mär 03, 2008 12:34 pm

laut echoingthesound haben die derzeit arge probleme mit den servern und bestellungen.

richtig schlimm sind wohl auch die versandkosten, zwischen 13 und 69 $, je nach version.

Camelz

Beitrag von Camelz » Mo Mär 03, 2008 1:24 pm

ob trents unterschrift 250 pfund wert ist wage ich zu bezweifeln :lol:
es ist ein junge, frau hitler!

Hydro Meteor
Redaktion
Beitrag von Hydro Meteor » Mo Mär 03, 2008 1:27 pm

ich glaube nicht mal, das er sie für so viel wert hält, aber irgendjemand kauft das bestimmt und kommt so für 30 nulldollar downloader auf :wink:

Hydro Meteor
Redaktion
Beitrag von Hydro Meteor » Mo Mär 03, 2008 2:14 pm

matthias
Redaktion
Beitrag von matthias » Mo Mär 03, 2008 10:10 pm

das ist wirklich krass. hat ben das schon gesehen?
Morgen breche ich aus, ganz bestimmt.

Ben K.
Redaktion
Beitrag von Ben K. » Di Mär 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Ja, hat er. Aber als ich gestern downloaden wollte, ging das nicht :evil:
Je suis, je suis....Hippie, Hippie

Hydro Meteor
Redaktion
Beitrag von Hydro Meteor » Di Mär 04, 2008 2:30 pm

das schöne an diesem album ist ja, dass man sich ganz offen über teilhabe unterhalten darf :wink:

Engholm
Beitrag von Engholm » Di Mär 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Und das schlechte ist, dass diejenigen, die es sich ganz offiziell zum download gekauft haben, es nicht herunterladen können :evil:

Hydro Meteor
Redaktion
Beitrag von Hydro Meteor » Di Mär 04, 2008 2:36 pm

was aufgrund der verbreiteten - und in diesem fall legalen - torrents dennoch nicht das größte problem ist :?

Engholm
Beitrag von Engholm » Di Mär 04, 2008 2:41 pm

stimmt schon, aber dass man sich direkt nach dem Bezahlvorgang die Ware von irgendwo her besorgen muss, kann auch nicht ganz richtig sein.

Und dass Mr Trent Perfect, Heulsuse die Erste und seine Web-Knechte so unprofessionell vorgehen, und es auch nach 2 Tage nicht hinbekommen, die Leute zu versorgen und die Seite vernünftig am Laufen zu halten, überrascht mich ehrlich gesagt sehr.

Antworten